Desert Safari & Overnight Experience
Child prices from AED 1,850
On day one you will spend the night in the heart of the Dubai desert on this immersive Overnight Desert Safari. Then on day two you will wake up for an breathtaking Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Experience
On day one you will spend the night in the heart of the Dubai desert on this immersive Overnight Desert Safari. Then on day two you will wake up for an breathtaking Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Experience.
Start your overnight experience with a pickup from your Dubai hotel on arrival at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve you will receive your Adventure pack including your traditional Arabic headscarf. Travel into the desert aboard your open-roof vintage Land Rover, a mode of transport used extensively in 1950’s desert expeditions. Learn about Dubai past and present.
Pose in the sand dunes for a photo as the sun goes down, and watch the UAE’s national bird – the falcon – during a falconry display. Make your way past the gently flickering flames from the lights that mark the entrance way to your authentic Bedouin Camp, and then hop out of your Land Rover to take a seat at your shared table.
Before your meal starts, a range of cultural activities are demonstrated. Enjoy an Arabic coffee and sit back to watch dancers performing to traditional Emirati music, or perhaps get a henna tattoo, smoke a shisha pipe (Arabic water pipe) or even try the traditional mode of Bedouin transport — a camel.
Then, all that’s left to do is to feast on your 4-course dinner under the stars. Like the activities at the camp, the dishes are mostly traditional Emirati specialties, combining flavors from the Middle East.
After your meal, sit around the bonfire and gaze up at the stars, try shisha if you like, and then make your way to your Arabic stone dwelling — complete with comfortable mattress, pillows and blanket — nestled inside the camp. Settle in and enjoy sleeping overnight in the heart of the desert!
As you are only minutes from the Hot Air Balloon take off site you can wake up later than passengers coming from Dubai. Once you arrive you will receive a safety briefing before climbing inside the balloon basket with the world’s most experienced Hot Air Balloon Company in Dubai. Feel your adrenaline race as your balloon drifts gently upward.
As you rise higher, marvel at the awesome sunrise views and hear interesting commentary from your pilot about the geology and wildlife of the protected Dubai Desert Conservation Reservation while you watch for roaming animals such as gazelle and camels.
The balloons land somewhere different in the desert every day depending on the wind and on landing you will be greeted by the beautiful Falcons, following a photo with these amazing birds get ready to travel through the dunes in vintage Land Rovers back to the Bedouin camp to feast on a gourmet breakfast and have the opportunity to discover the Bedouin mode of transport on camel back.
- Pick-up from Dubai hotels between 2:30pm and 4:30pm.
- Arrive at the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve to receive your Adventure Pack and put on your Sheila/Ghutra (traditional headscarf)
- Embark on a wildlife drive through Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve in an open-top vintage Land Rover.
- Enjoy a sunset falcon show with sparkling juice. Arrive at an authentic torch-lit Bedouin camp.
- Be entertained with traditional henna tattoos, live bread-making, Arabic coffee-making, camel rides and aromatic shisha pipes.
- Dinner includes soup, salad, appetiser, main course and dessert.
- Enjoy cultural Emirati entertainment performances such as drumming and Yola. Relax in the majlis or sit by the atmospheric bonfire.
- Sleep in a traditional Arabic stone dwelling with mattress and bedding. Transfer from overnight camp to balloon take-off site.
- Approximately one-hour Sunrise Hot Air Balloon ride. Transport back to camp for gourmet breakfast.
- Your gourmet breakfast includes smoked salmon, caviar, cold meats, fruit platter, bread selection and free range eggs including Eggs Benedict.
- Return to the hotel between 9:00am and 10:00am the next day.
Adult: AED 2,200
Child: AED 1,850
*Dates of Operation – 16 Sept 2023 to 31 May 2024
Terms & Conditions
We care about your safety, so we only fly if the weather conditions are ideal. In case we have to cancel the flight due to bad weather, we will rebook you flight to another convenient day or you have the option for a full refund (depending on the T&C’s of your purchase)
Although ballooning is very safe, there are a few passengers that unfortunately won’t be able to join us:
- Ladies more than 3 months pregnant
- Children younger than 5 years old
- Anyone that has had major surgery in the last 6 months
- Anyone that has had a broken leg/arm in the last 6 months
- Anyone who suffers from chronic back or neck pain